Our roots and nowadays
In 1598 The duke of The Great Duchy of Lithuania Jurgis Radvila obligated the chanter of Calvinist church of Seirijai to organise a primary school.
In 1820 the evangelical school became the parish school.
From 1837 there had been Jewish and Catholic schools in Seirijai.
In 1935 a new primary brick-built school of 6 classes was opened. In 1944 a progymnasium was established. In 1949 it became a gymnasium. The museum of the famous painter A. Zmuidzinavicius was founded in1986.
In 1989 the school museum was opened
In 1989 the school was named after Antanas Zmuidzinavicius.
In 2005 the Pranas Kudzys prize to support gifted students was founded.
In 2008 the school was given the status of gymnasium.
2010 -2011 – reconstruction of gymnasium building from EU funds.